Dr. Ned M. Fawaz [“Nassib Fawaz”]
Lebanese International Business Counsil
Founder and President
6850 N. Haggerty Rd.
Canton, MI 48187
THEN AND NOW: Ned Fawaz is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Energy International Corporation (EIC), a company serving the Mechanical, Electrical, Industry. As CEO Ned Fawaz is responsible for the expansion in worldwide business including the tactical and strategic sales.
EIC has evolved and expanded to be a company with global reach with distinctive divisions and departments offering customers and clients a wide range of niche products and services. Today Energy International has 7 offices overseas and about 200 employees.
Beginning his career over 42 years ago, Ned Fawaz has an extensive background in the mechanical and electrical equipment industry. He studied Mechanical Engineering at York Institute in York, Pennsylvania and worked for 10 years for York International.
Traveling around the world for business, especially in Africa and the Middle East, Ned Fawaz has acquired unique insights to business practices and social traditions of the respective national platforms, by understanding many aspects of the local values, priorities, and socio-political implications: these being the key success factors for business, in the constantly changing economic scenarios worldwide.
- In March 2008, Dr. Ned Fawaz was awarded the highest Lebanese Medal for Lebanese Ex-patriates throughout the world. This Presidential Award is given to Lebanese who have served Lebanon and the Lebanese immigrants around the globe.
- In May 2004, Dr. Ned Fawaz was conferred an honorary Degree of Doctor of Laws by the Davenport University of the State of Michigan in recognition of his exceptional business acumen and achievements coupled to his contribution to the welfare of the community.
- Dr. Ned Fawaz is a U.S. citizen. During the period 1960 to 1962 he served in US Army, in the USA and in Germany, and was granted an Honorable Discharge from army service.
In addition to his business prowess and achievements, Ned Fawaz continues to devote his energies and talent for community services. The following is representative of his multifaceted social activities:
- Founder and First Chairman of the American Arab Chamber of Commerce, Michigan – 1992-1998, Executive Officer for Life. [Website: www.americanarab.com]
- President and Founder (1998) of the Lebanese International Business Council (LIBC), an international organization with several thousand members around the globe, promoting networking and cooperation among international businessmen. www.LIBC.net, www.PlanetLebanon.net
- Founder of www.hirelebanese.com, which is a website to employ Lebanese throughout the world. This website was established free of charge to help Lebanese professionals and students find employment after the devastating war of the summer of 2006 in Lebanon. This website now has over 45,000 resumes for Lebanese professionals and about 6,000 employers and receives more than 1.5 million hits per month. Hire Lebanese has assisted over 15,000 Lebanese to obtain jobs in the Middle East and around the globe.
- Past Chairman for 7 terms and a Co-Founding Member of the new Islamic Center of America on Ford Road in Dearborn, Michigan. (1980-Present.) The largest and most prominent in North America.
- Member of the Board of Michigan District Export Council (DEC), USA, appointed by the Secretary of Commerce, with objectives to encourage and increase the export of U.S. products, technology and equipment abroad.
- Founding Member and Past Vice President of the International Association for Organ Donations (IAOD) in Michigan, USA. (2006)
- Organizer and Facilitator of Sister City relationship (2004) between the city of Dubai and the city of Detroit, an arrangement to facilitate and improve the understanding of the business environment and encourage investment.
- Ned Fawaz is instrumental in improving education and is a constant contributor to the educational institutions in Michigan. He has co-founded the Arab American Endowment Funds at Wayne State University. He also has the Ned Fawaz Scholarship Fund at Davenport University and has been supporting the Middle Eastern Study Program at the University of Michigan-Dearborn for many years since it was established. In addition, he established the Nassib Fawaz Scholarship for Arab American Medical Studies at Michigan State University.
- Ned Fawaz is one of fifteen individuals from across the country, who were appointed by President Obama (May 2011) to the U.S. Small Business Administration's (SBA) Council on Underserved Communities (CUC). Building on SBA's core programs and Recovery initiatives, the CUC will provide input, advice and recommendations on strategies to help strengthen competitiveness and sustainability for small businesses in underserved communities. These strategies will be focused on increasing entrepreneurship and technical assistance, creating new and strengthening existing outreach and training, and raising awareness in underserved communities of SBA programs and services.
Ned Fawaz lives with his wife in West Bloomfield, Michigan, USA and has four children and five grandchildren.